You wouldn’t think meditation would be dangerous, right?
Sitting still seems like one of the safest activities imaginable. Heart Rhythm Meditation is inherently safe, but some kinds of meditation can be dangerous, occasionally causing lasting problems that are very difficult to diagnose and treat. These problems are sometimes known as “Kundalini syndrome” or “Kundalini psychosis”. Which is why I created this free downloadable eBook, to provide a comprehensive guide to the kind of energetic problems that can be caused by meditation, such as:
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Spontaneous urges to move or take unusual postures or positions
- Localized pain that begins and ends abruptly with no external cause
- Abrupt changes in heart rate, including tachycardia (rapid heart rate), and bradycardia (slow heart rate), and other kinds of heart arrhythmia
- Unusually abrupt and intense sexual sensations, pains, and urges
- Temporary blindness
- Uticaria and rashes
- Anxiety attacks
- Intense emotions, particularly intense emotional swings
- Psychotic symptoms, including ideation
- Spontaneous speeding and slowing of thoughts
- Spontaneous trance states, where awareness of external surroundings and conscious control are very limited
- Unwanted and uncontrolled paranormal experiences such as psychic or clairvoyant activity
- Suicidal and homicidal thoughts
- Urges to self-mutilate
- Inability to talk
- Difficulty concentrating
- A sense of one’s own thoughts and emotions being foreign and invasive
The Dangers of Meditation is a 25-page eBook which is for anyone who wishes to understand the major physiological and emotional problems that occur for some people who practice certain methods of meditation. These problems do not occur for everyone; most people seem to be unaffected. And these problems do not occur in Heart Rhythm Meditation because of our focus on the physical body, our balanced and safe way of breathing, and our respect for the mind and ego.
Those who have never experienced a problem with meditation may still want to read this guide for its description of how energy flows in the body, and how to heal people who have experienced this kind of problem.
Have you had any of these symptoms as the result of your practice of meditation? I’d love to hear your experience. Please write a comment!